Since its inception in the 1940s, The Barnet Society has organised a variety of events to stimulate, educate, agitate and entertain its Members.
We hold a series of talks, walks, and visits throughout the year, as well as a regular question-and-answer session with the MP for Chipping Barnet and an AGM in May or June.
The Society is also prepared to help publicise events organised by local groups and organisations.
To suggest events for inclusion send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13 June 2019, 19:30 h
- St Mark’s Church - Barnet, Hertfordshire
1. 7:30-8:15pm Discussion of planning and environmental issues in and around New Barnet (including representatives of New Barnet Community Association and East Barnet Residents Association)
8:15-9:00pm Annual General Meeting business:
2. Approval of the minutes of the 73rd AGM on 14 June 2018
3. Approval of the 73rd Annual Report (comprising Chair’s, Planning & Environment and Membership Reports)
4. Approval of the Treasurer’s Report and Accounts for the year ending 31st March 2019
5. Election of Independent Examiner: Jim Nelhams is proposed by the Committee
6. Election of Treasurer: Derek Epstein is proposed by the Committee
(All other Officers continue in post)
7. Election of members to serve on the Committee
8. Any other business.
Minutes of the 2018 AGM, the Chair’s, Planning & Environment and Treasurer’s Reports and the Accounts can be found in the Summer issue of the Newsletter. The Membership Secretary’s Report will be presented at the AGM.
You are welcome to raise points from the floor or stand for the Committee on the day, but if possible write/speak to me beforehand.
OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE 2018-19
President Aubrey Rose
Vice Presidents Judith Clouston, David Lee, Jenny Remfry, Robin Marson
Independent Examiner Jim Nelhams
Committee Members 2018-19:
Chair Robin Bishop (until 2020)
Vice Chair Nick Jones (until 2021)
Secretary Jonathan Supran (until 2021)
Treasurer Mary Carroll (until 2019)
Membership Secretary John Hay (until 2020)
Minutes Secretary Frances Wilson (until 2021)
Jessica Vamathevan (until 2020)
Simon Cohen (until 2021)
Andrew Hutchings (until 2021)
Gail Laser (until 2021)
Eamonn Rafferty (until 2021)
Susan Skedd (until 2021)
John Gardiner (co-opted)
Andreas Tjirkalli (co-opted)
- St Mark’s Church
- Potters Road
- EN5 5HY