Showcase reopensWritten by Nick Jones Monday, 12 October 2015 11:41
Six of the women who established the original shop with the help of the Love Barnet project decided to get together again, and offer Barnet shoppers a range of “unique and stylish items”, many of which are hand-crafted.
Number 89 High Street had to close in July at the end of its short-term tenancy, but the six small businesses that have regrouped to re-launch as room 89 are confident that their pop-up shop will again prove a definitive destination for the “discerning shopper”.
Terry Diab, one of the six proprietors, said their aim was to offer an oasis of calm with a range of products that attracted shoppers whether their taste was contemporary or vintage.
“We offer a room full of wonderful things, very different from everything else that the High Street has to offer.
We can decorate your walls with original artwork, and your wrists with original beaded jewellery. We have a hand-made cushion that fits the bill, and an unusual card that will express everything you want to say.”
We offer a room full of wonderful things
The “sassy six” behind room 89 are:
- Giovanna of H2Oils – organic skin and hair products.
- Jane from Chalk &Stone – furniture and household items, found, restored and reloved
- Laura from Laura Felicity Design – romantic and eye-catching home accessories and wallpaper using hand-drawn patterns and professional screen print techniques
- Petra from Pemira – bespoke colourful jewellery hand made from the highest-quality Czech glass beads and crystals
- Terry from the Dainty Dress Company – unique hand crafted babies’ dresses, cardigans, hats and booties
- Tracie Murchison, applied artist – unique artefacts created by combining materials such as wood, silk and paper in unexpected ways
Tuesday, 13 October 2015 13:15
posted by Giovanna Consigli
I'm one of the sassy six, Giovanna.
Thank you for your lovely article about our new venture "room89'
Could I just clarify that we are no longer a pop up shop but a commercial business now.
Love Barnet created the lovely No 89 pop up shop and thanks to that opportunity we have grow and where hungry for more!
After a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears! It finally happened our own shop 'room89'
Thank you to everyone for your support.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published
All comments are moderated so there is a delay before you see them on the site
The views expressed are not necessarily those of the Barnet Society